What is an SMS Keyword?
When you sign up for Off Day Trainer, you will be asked to create a “Keyword” for your account. Your keyword is a unique word that helps connect text messages to your account. For a client to join your Off Day Trainer system they will need to text your “Keyword” to your Short Code.
Here are some important tips to consider when choosing a keyword:
- Keep it simple
- A keyword must contain letters or numbers only
- Your Keyword should be put anywhere public-facing for lead generation
- You can always find your keyword by going to your dashboard.
What is a short code and how does it work?
The best way to think about the Short Code 41259, is this will be your new number to your clients. It is vital that, when you have someone opt into your system (new clients or an existing client), they save your Short Code in their phone as your name or your studio's name. A text feels much more personal when the sender is a familiar name. Otherwise, clients will see 41259 as the sender.
Things to know about your Short Code
- Short codes (also known as short numbers) are special telephone numbers
- Short codes are designed to be easier to read and remember than normal telephone numbers
- The short code for all Off Day Trainer accounts is 41259. It is your keyword that sets you apart.